Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Story of my Couch


Sitting on the sleep inducing couch of mine
i try to see another miracle
either in my sweet dreams or wild drink in hand
a change so slow, so poignant
to end the turmoil in me
to alleviate the pain love brings
to change the man inside me
only if time could be relied
and be my best friend
would i spend whole life on the couch
contemplating the shattered story,
an unsuccessful tale of my life
Stagger and fall to the same piece
everytime and everyday
again and again
reminiscing private moments
i spent with her on the velvet fabric
a comfort zone, a space
witness to my honesty and truth
lies seldom puked and stained my couch
for the pact we made to stick to verity
for the journey we decided to be together
But here i lay now
singing to an elegy
the start of my tipsiness
but no end
Would want to sleep for ever now...

No comments: