Thursday, June 19, 2008

A New Milestone Of My Life

Hey guys, am found of running and exercising. These days, in fact for past couple of months i have been a lot of cardio exercise. I run on the tracks of USC on a frequency of say 3-4 times. I realize that to be in good shape, running is absolutely must. My exercise begins with warm ups and stretching every part of the body. It will also include either push ups, pull ups and sets of abdominal exercise. How far and how much one can run on a track depends on lot of factors. Its to hot in LA with temperature soaring up to 100F so its advisable one run in the evening when the earth cools down. I used to do 1/2 hr cardio everyday before my heavy workout at Lyon Center, USC while i was still in school. Now that i am an alumni, i cant use the school gym unless i pay monthly fees of 50 bucks which is a lot for me so i wasn't interested. I decided to make away for me on the tracks more often either with my roommates Cameron or Sean. The maximum i ran on tracks until yesterday was 3.5 miles without a break but yesterday i broke all boundaries. I ran miraculously for 12 miles continuously with no pause. This was in 1 weeks time. Do you guys terms this as Super Efficiency ? I dont know what was going on in my mind and kept running to achieve my goal. I initially thought i would run 5 miles but then later i kept pushing myself to run , run and run....:) I wonder how many calories i lost in this process cruising at moderately speed of 5 miles/hr. It took my 2 hrs to complete my run. The truth is even after i stopped at the start line completing 12 miles, i still wanted to run.....to sincerely make and break new records of my life. Hopefully, next time you guys see a new marathon runner in me with higher score under my belt !!!

2 comments:

Poonam Sharma said...

I am so proud of you to know that you are exercising. Hope you continue to do that ans stay fit~ :)

Manu said...

thanks poonam
yeah gotta stay fit
hv become very conscious now regarding food, have lost lot of weight
will see ya next year on my sis's marriage