Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day @ LA

So like every year, we have this one day reminding us that we really take care of our partner. The whole concept of Valentine and its response has always been tremendous in India. I used to think the same way for US as well. I was at home till 1 pm and then i headed for college.


"Day of Roses", "Love is in the air" are all one can hear this day. Unfortunately, for me i hardly witnessed any student expressing his love for their partner. Not even a blade of rose petal circulating in the campus. No flower bouquets and never felt there was a Valentine's day in school. I don't know the reason but am certainly intrigued by all that came near my eyes. I remember last year on same day, i was at home completing some assignments. As i finished with my class, i saw a guy with a bright red rose in his hand, thats all !!! This was it, nothing more than this. I did not have the chance to visit any shopping malls or downtown LA this time. The shops in mall would definitely be in some Valentine mood. There were some posters with Valentine slogans written, couple of couples getting cozy in each others arms in todays chilly LA day but still appearing dull and disappointing stuff to me. For those of you who don't know this, i have 3 American roommates. So my first question to my roommate Kyle was if he had or made any proposals. In the back of my mind laid the answer but as i am known for leg pulling, i didn't even spare him. He was amused of the fact if someone could or make any propositions on Valentines day in College. His argument was that most children find their partners in high school so needless to say, any efforts are made in college. And he smiled saying every day for them was a Valentine day so nothing official about 14th Feb !

2 comments:

The Withering Willow said...

I don't know Sid whether you missed the Indianised valentine or not...but personally for me it was just like any other day. No frills attached!
I too didn't spot any rose if i can recall except the virtual online roses! :-) I dunno...may be I have grown above this coochie-cooing stuff which appears so college type. I think its our perception...if you wish, everyday can be valentine's day for you! Am i turning into those boring types...ha ha! well i hardly care..

Manu said...

Well not really and i agree with you for most of the things ! Cant check your profile man?