Thursday, February 7, 2008

Back To LA (3rd Feb, 08)


Am back to LA on 3rd feb, at 5:15 pm, Sunday. It was a 32 hr flight which got further delayed at Malaysia. In spite of this, i am not angry or frustrated as i was very happy with Malaysia Airlines service. They certainly took good care of me and others on flight. Thats why they have "Worlds best crew award under their belt" ! I had 8 hr transit at Kuala Lumpur, it was so humid there. I have to admit that i have had some of the worst food in my life at Malaysia. The food there sucks, its horrible...not one thing upto my standards.


One of my good friend once said, "you learn a lot while traveling". That indeeed is true. My seat in MA (Malaysia Airlines) was 14k. When i sat on my seat, i realized there was NO number 13 row, to obvious reasons but i was surprised that even an airlines followed and adhered to the number 13 rule avoidance. I guess you tend to do that especially when your are flying 10 hrs over Pacific !! I stopped or rather we stopped at Taiwan as well for an hour. My god, seems there are only girls living there as i saw girls only everywhere. Luckily, this time i did not lose my luggage unlike in Air India. There is no doubt i was feeling apprehensive about traveling over Pacific but there were reasons i chose this flight. They are mentioned in my earlier blog, do read them. I barely slept 3 hrs in the KL hotel as every time at the back of my mind was that i had to get up. Most of the time on flight went watching comedy, some good stuff...didnt sleep at all in the flight which caused me heavy jet lag on reaching. I have slept continuously for 23 hrs to the astonishment of my roommates. This never happens when you go back to your home as you are very excited or due to hustle in the house which keeps you awake. Here was absolutely peaceful. I am missing India, my family, my mom and her food. Now starts the task of making food, T, going to college which sucks, some studies :(

At the Delhi Airport, i witnessed things which make me feel agitated. First of all, at the Nirula's counter i saw a gentleman barging a queue (line). A sardar who was with his kid just made his way into a 4 people line. The person standing behind him was an American from SFO. (I know this cuz i ahd a chat with him after this on same incident) . He saw this but didnt say anything, may be he knows the way we indians work our way. He simply gave in letting the sardar order his food items. At once, i felt like teaching that Sardar a lesson but i decided to speak with the American fellow later. Surprisingly, he told me he was used to this since long back. I felt sorry for him. On second instance, while i was busy to phone my family, i observed a lady in her mid 60's standing just 2 feet away from me trying to make me leave my post and indirectly listening to my calls. I just couldnt take it and gave a rude thrashing to her. I had to guys, it was a private conversation and i said wht my mind told me to do. I didn't feel sorry for that. Some people just don't have the basic etiquettes of life, such idiots they are, a shame for our country. As i looked back, i see another American foreigner standing 7-8 feet back behind a line patiently waiting for his turn. There certainly lies difference in the way we and Americans live, no doubt about it....

2 comments:

Poonam Sharma said...

Oye, NRI...I understand it was a private conversation. In that case, onus is on you should be careful that no one eavesdrops. You could have moved away. Why behave badly with an elderly woman: in mid 60s you said she was. Pagal!

Manu said...

You should have been there, only then can you realise