Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy 61st Indian Independence Day (15th Aug 08)









Happy Independence Day to all Indians staying in all parts of the world. Today is 15th aug 08 and i am in NY. Its the training time before i actually get to work. A Friday and i didn't feel like getting out of bed but this day is special for every person who deeply thinks and misses his country. I am patriotic (not just because a hug Indian flag rests on a wall in my room) but because i know i am. I know you are still confused with what i wrote. Lets forget about it. So its a friday morning and i head ot my training center in NY.


I dressed ina orange Kurta and jeans. NY is extremely diverse place with people from all walks of life. You will feel this the moment you reach world trade center. All eyes staring at me, on my attire and i am sure there are mixed reactions among crowd. After midday, all analysts from Bangalore office came out with their Indian day celebrations. They were euphoric, excited and made every moment one of a celebration. Almost everyone dressed in Indian ethnic dress and looking nice, girls especially in their sarees. There was dance, music, cultural songs and presentation about Indian history.


This day is special to me as i miss my home a lot back in India. Thoughts get provoked as to what recent developments are happening in india, howz American economy affecting ours etc. As for rakshabandan which is tomorrow, am far away from my sister. I should receive it probably tomorrow and tie it on my wrist. That was all about Independence day here in NY celebrated with some style !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats amazing story.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.