Saturday, February 20, 2010

What a vacation with Kyle - Incredible India !!!

Kyle is a good friend of mine and was my roommate from my school days at USC. This time i invited him with me to India not only for vacation but for 2 marriages also. My brother and sister were getting married and the idea of all 3 thrilled him. For those who didn't make it especially my friends from US, i think how much they missed. It was certainly Kyle's win after he extended his stay by 1 week more to attend my brothers marriage and we both returned same date sitting with each other. There has to be also some reason hidden in India's love and affection for its people and outsiders that moulded him and convinced Kyle that by extending his stay he was still in a win-win situation.


I may not have traveled so much in my entire life than i did in 2 weeks. We had our plans already ready. I only started my itineary after getting my work visa and sister's marriage. I think Taj Mahal in Agra is the favourite destination for anyone who is coming to Delhi because of its close proximity. So we travelled to Agra. By afternoon we saw the great and mesmerising Taj Mahal. Later we saw Agra Fort and came back to our guest house. Drinking became very handy on these long trips. Next day we went to Bharatpur bird sanctuary and finally Jaipur in evening. Jaipur was beautiful especially Amber fort. For some reason, i dont know why is it pronounced Amer ka killa in hindi. There is no Amber in it. This fort will remind of the great wall of China. Dont believe me? Check out for yourself !




I reserved 1 day for rest on 26th Jan for republic day. Kyle was excited to see parade moving on RajPath. Next day, we left for Jim Corbett National Park. Reaching there took us 5 hours. We both had still not recovered from a bad stomach stomach ache. It was funny because we both were suffering from same ailment. 2 safaris and still didnt see a tiger was a big disappointment for me. We headed to Nainital which is like 1.5 hr from Jim Corbett. Nainital is beautiful. A small lake surrounded or bordered by curvy mountains and a magnificent view from the top of the hill.
It ofcourse wasnt cold in India as its here in NY. It took us 9 hrs from nainital to reach our home delhi passing through torchouros roads in Ghaziabad, uttar pradesh. Am not sure when will all this get fixed. I went to India after 2 yrs and wasnt prepared for this at all. I kept last week to be with my family and spend as much time i could for my brothers marriage preparations on 6th Feb. 3 weeks ended and I flew back on 7th feb with Kyle leaving Incredible India behind. 2 marriages in a span time of less than 3 weeks was very hectic for my family but i and kyle surely enjoyed the warm and love of Indian people. I and Kyle completely adored the hospitality of my people, my country. Will miss you all. Do visit India, you have my word, its "truly" incredible !!!!

P.S Unfortunately my pics with kyle form our Agra, Jaipur, Nainital trip were left in my sisters PC so cant upload them here

No comments: