Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Story

Within my reach stands a stately story
arms wide to embrace me tight
and its shadows engulfing a past
pieces of time i left to weave
on my return to a distant future
so hard i try to dive in this story
an identity lost, a face forgotten
Shimmering hope whistling me
of the commitment i engraved on the road
Following the lead i never had
stumble across the blocks of a new world
to remind journey ahead is fathom long
the day seems unending, not the year
the reach miniscule and beyond my control
when pray and fear exchange hands
outcome i bear the brunt of
stoned emotion is this or what
inhumane civilization i travel though
to this point when horizon welcomes
saying either restart or perish, the only two resorts
choices that dwindle in a materialistic world
uncanny destiny unwilling to be tamed
wishes that i lay out on a carpet and
reminisce the happiness that once shined on my face
i battle in the arena myself for a new legacy
making up for what was lost
counting the stars that once stayed late awake for me
heaven bode the lords and god smile
for the state a son of his is in
but i stay on the line i was meant to be on
and not run away because
the story i am in has no exit or end....

No comments: