Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tribute to Sunny

No one needs to testify his cherished brother. However, this comes a tribute for someone whom I have known now for the past 25 years. My lovely brother "Sidhant" or "Sunny" (as I have always called him) who is a year and a half elder to me. He lives up to his name, so "Sunny", bright and cheerful. A mamma's boy who will assuage your low feelings with just few minutes of his company. I feel his absence in every corner of my life ever since i came to US for my masters. Am sure he is a word of talk among all gals who would see him for the first time and mind you i rank my brother very high on this. I say this cuz some people are born with silver spoon but he was born with an eclectic personality. His looks just like a British Spy Agent, hair style like Salman Khan, airing height like one should have and so handsome that sometimes
even i envy him..;) This Sagittarian keeps a cool head over his shoulders, is jovial, sweet, simple-ton, down-to-earth, humorous, "bhola" (he knows what i mean by this...lol), a sanguine attitude that differentiates him from others and most importantly a father like figure to me. I have seen him go though lots of ups and downs in his life but he boldly faced them all and is
an inspiration to me. Not quite elder and so i share lot of my life with him. He never changed in his looks or nature since i know him. He bunked ;) his office to give me time on both my occasions to India which i really admire. I once remember my brother coming from Jaipur after a long time and as usual i was excited to meet him. When he entered house, all i did was to ask him how he was doing etc. Later, my father asked me why didnt we hug each other, which
i felt awkward initially as we had never done that before but reflected on this a lot later. I had lot of this oppurtunity before but now miss the feeling of warmth, closeness and bonding one gets in his brothers arms. Am very happy to see him settled this moment and with each year, i hope to know him better. An ardent request of mine to him would be to please, please buy a new Plasma TV for his room. I can no longer see TV in my dad's room for obvious reasons. Hope you fulfill this wish of mine when i return next time.

He was, is and always be precious to me. Am proud of ya, Sunnny ! Be what you are to me, mom, dad, sis and our families.

-- Sidharth Kumar ( Manu , 5th March 08)

No comments: