Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sarkar Raj - It all has it !!!


After many days of me trying to convince myself, i finally hooked on to watch Sarkar Raj. Ironically, i havn't blogged for "Sarkar" yet which released in 2005. Well those days i wasnt even blogging as well ;) I did read lot of negative reviews about Sarkar Raj so may be this kept me at a distance from the film. On the wikepedia site you can read that this film is a flop. Sarkar was made at a very decent 7 crore Rs and was a hit across the country. "Sarkar Raj" comes back with 30 crore Rs but not to much excitement among the crowd. I saw Sarkar in India when i had not seen the GodFather trilogy and thereby couldn't relate the events or the tribute director Ram Gopal Verma mentions to the GodFather. Now that i am in US, i happened to see all 3 flicks of GodFather. Undoubtedly, its a classic and one of my best movies with me now. After watching GodFather could i feel that Sarkar did have a big bang on the Box Office. With Ramu's unconventional style of direction, his selection of starcast, everyone spilled their contribution to its success. As i have earlier also mentioned and am sure lot of you would agree to, it makes a lot of difference watching a movie on theater or online. Anyways, Sarkar Raj is a movie which certainly has shades of Sarkar. The movie seems little slow in the beginning but sooner i cudn't find myself glued to anything else besides my laptop screen. I wonder why i cant see Abhishek like this in his recent flicks, he certainly has matured a lot in his acting. To me, i enjoyed watching "Sarkar Raj" as every moment is a thrill and suspense as to what is going to happen next. Aishwarya looks absolutely beautiful complimenting AB. The plot certainly has interesting facets such as death of AB (i could never have imagined this, by mistake i read a users comment on the same site i was watching the film from that AB dies and i was like...Oh God) , Chander plotting the death of AB, Aishwarya mourning the death of AB and finally taking over AB's place in Sarkar Raj. The thing that makes both Sarkar movies unique is the urge and need of elder (here Big B) to look for someone who could carry their legacy and in the end, Big B summons for Vishnu's son Chandu. I am dying to see Sarkar 3. I read Jaya Bacchan urging Ramu to make the 3rd part and interestingly, AB would return as Big B while he was in younger days. Also, Hrithik Roshan playing Chandu in next Sarkar flick. I wish this movie had a better success at the box office. I felt even the background music was good sang by Kailash Kher. The Villains though were not as powerful in their performance like those in "Sarkar". I would also recommend my readers to watch GodFather trilogy if they havn't before watching Sarkar Raj. It will give you a good idea of both cinemas and may be then public has better respect for Sarkar Raj. I liked this movie, is a family movie if you like action as well. I'll rate this movie 4.5/5

No comments: